Brookens Library is pleased to announce upgrades to two of our databases, ProjectMUSE and Biographies Plus!
Check out the new and improved Biography Reference Bank Select! Formerly known as Biographies Plus, this database has significantly improved coverage and navigability in addition to its snazzy new name.
Biography Reference Bank Select provides comprehensive coverage of people in the news and history-makers, along with images and an easy-to-use interface. Features include:
- covers over 236,000 individuals
- more than 36,000 images
- adds more than 1,000 profiles per year
- content from a wide variety of high-quality resources
- daily updates provide up-to-the-minute coverage of newsmakers
- links to full text articles and book reviews
Also, the popular database ProjectMUSE is adding six new online journal collections in 2009. This brings total content for the ProjectMUSE database to over 400 respected humanities and social science journals from nearly 100 not-for-profit publishers.
Some of the titles to be added include:
- African American Review
- Archives of Asian Art
- Bulletin of Hispanic Studies
- Genocide Studies and Prevention
- Historically Speaking
- International Journal of Feminist Approaches to Bioethics
- Studies in American Jewish Literature
- Town Planning Review
That’s not all: ProjectMUSE will unveil a new website design to ease navigation, increase discovery, and improve the user experience for students, staff, and faculty. The launch of the new interface is expected to occur by 20 August.
All of our database are available via our A-Z List of Databases which is available as a link on the Brookens Library homepage. Want to get into these improved databases now? Click the titles of the databases to access ProjectMUSE or Biography Reference Bank Select!