Cloud Library is an App that gives you access to our Ebook and eAudioBook Collections. You can download popular reading materials to take with you on-the-go! Getting started is easy. We have included step-by-step instructions to get Cloud Library on your device:
Downloading and Logging In
1. Download the Cloud Library App from your app store.
2. Log into the app
a. Select Illinois
b. University of Illinois Springfield
c. And enter your Library ID number: (NOT YOUR UIN NUMBER) – This is the barcode number on your card.
1. You can browse books or search by title/author
2. Once you’ve selected a book you’d like to read. Tap on the cover and then tap “Borrow”
3. The book will now download to your device and will be available in your account for 14 days.
4. To get to your book from the browse screen, tap the menu icon and tap “My Books”
1. Tap the Menu icon in the top left-hand side
2. Tap “My Books”
3. Press and hold the book you’d like to return
4. Tap “Return”
5. Tap “Yes”
Featured: Includes titles we are featuring around a theme or titles that are new to the collection.
Browse: This view allows you to browse the entire collection and filter it by genre.
My Books: This is where you will find the book you currently have checked out, on hold, have previously checked out, and/or have flagged.
Settings: Here you can adjust your contact information and adjust app settings such as whether or not items can be downloaded using cellular data.
Filters: Filters let you decide what you want to see when your search. You can limit to ebook only or
audiobook only as well as decide if you want to search only what is currently available for checkout, what the library currently owns, or every title in the systems including those not owned by the library that are available to recommend.
Finals Week marks the end of another semester at UIS. We will reduce our hours and have special holiday closures over the winter break from Saturday, December 10, 2016 through Monday, January 16, 2017. A complete list of our hours is always available on our website for your convenience.
Reduced Hours of Operation (Saturday, December 10 – Thursday, December 22):
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Monday – Friday: OPEN 9AM – 5 PM
Friday, December 23 – Monday, January 2
We re-open with reduced hours on Tuesday, January 3
Spring Semester Reduced Hours: (Tuesday, January 3 – Sunday, January 15)
Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
Monday – Friday: OPEN 9AM – 5PM
Special Closure: Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Monday, January 16): CLOSED
We re-open with regular Spring Semester hours Tuesday, January 17, 2017
We know you’re busy studying for finals so we wanted to remind you that our hours change during Winter Break.
Holiday / Winter Break Recess (12/10- 1/2)
Sat-Sun (12/10 – 12/18): Closed
Mon-Friday (12/12 – 12/22): 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Fri-Tue (12/23 – 12/27): Holiday Closure
Wed-Fri (12/28 – 12/30): BUILDING CLOSED/E-mail services available 10 AM – 2 PM
Sat-Mon (12/31 – 1/2): Holiday Closure
Brookens Library will re-open with regular hours on Tuesday, January 3, 2017.
You’re up late, so we are too!
With the end of the semester drawing near, we know you need more time to prepare for projects and exams. The week before finals we are staying open an extra 3 hours each night.
Monday, November 28th – Thursday, December 1st 8:30 am to 3:00 am
Friday, December 2nd 8:30 am to 9:00 pm
Come to Brookens to get your study on!
Whether you’re driving, taking the train, traveling alone, traveling with friends, or not traveling at all, an eAudio Book from our Cloud Library collection is an excellent companion for your Thanksgiving Break. Check out our Thanksgiving Break Recommendations, download a book to your mobile device, and you’re ready to listen on the go. Get your free Cloud Library app here. Need assistance with setting up your Cloud Library app? Stop by the desk, we’re happy to help.
Thanksgiving Break Recommendations List
- Becoming Steve Jobs by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Food: A Love Story by Jim Gaffigan
- Furiously Happy by Jenni Lawson
- H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald
- Hamilton by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jeremy McCarter, and Jeffery Seller
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
- It’s Okay to Laugh by Norma McInerny Purmort
- My Brief History by Stephen Hawking
- Naked by David Sedaris
- Not My Father’s Son by Alan Cumming
- Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
- The Other Wes Moore by Wes Moore
- Shrill by Lindy West
- Unforgettable: a Son, a Mother, and the Lessons of a Lifetime by Scott Simon
- West of Sunset by Stewart O’Nan
- Whipping Boy by Allen Kurzweil
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler
In observance of the Thanksgiving Holiday, Brookens Library Will be CLOSED the following:
Thanksgiving Holiday Recess (11/24- 11/25)
Thursday (Thanksgiving 11/24): Closed
Friday (11/25): Closed
Have a safe and happy holiday!